Monday, April 15, 2013

Circular dependencies from hell - a poor man's lab part 2

So, after the embarrassing discovery, that I was trying to allocate and already taken IP address to the VCVA I dropped all W2K8 installation attempts (which went quite well, don't get me wrong, despite the fact that I was also having issues with the IP address, I really need to start writing things down) and deployed another VCVA. Everything went very smoothly, the VCVA is up and running and setting hostname, static IP and toggling SSL certificate recreation and a reboot everything is working smoothly now.

As I type this I am installing another Debian linux as a test VM to play around with Iometer. I may try to optimize the iSCSI link to utilize jumbo frames, but for now I will just leave everything as it is. I am very happy with the general performance of the VMs so far and gotta say this setup looks very promising, it may actually be a very capable lab setup.

Updates will follow tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment